Company History

E.ON Közép-dunántúli Gázhálózati Zrt.'s main activity is gas supply.

The Nagykanizsa Natural Gas Works Company was set up in 1950 as the first company to provide pipelined natural gas in Hungary. The company went public on January 1, 1993, and took on the name KÖGÁZ Rt.

In December 1995, a consortium of Bayernwerk and EVN purchased 50% plus one share in the company. 40% of the remaining shares were transferred into municipal ownership, while employees acquired 10% of the company's shares. The current majority shareholder of E.ON Közép-dunántúli Gázhálózati Zrt. is E.ON Hungária Zrt.

E.ON Közép-dunántúli Gázhálózati Zrt. serves customers in 445 towns and villages of Zala, Somogy, and Veszprém counties.

E.ON Közép-dunántúli Gázhálózati Zrt's primary activity is pipeline gas supply, including the operation and development of the requisite networks and equipments.

The company's main tasks include system operation, network development and maintenance, regional customer relations management, as well as tasks in regard to metering and monitoring consumption.