Company History

E.ON Észak-dunántúli Áramhálózati Zrt.'s main activity is electricity supply.

The Győr-based Észak-dunántúli Áramszolgáltató Vállalat [North-Transdanubian Electricity Supplier] was founded in 1951, and went public in 1992. The company was privatized in December 1995, with Electricité de France purchasing almost half of its shares. In 1997, Hungarian authorities approved the sale of nearly half the shares held by Electricité de France to Bayernwerk. The company's majority shareholder today is Bayernwerk Hungária Rt's successor company, E.ON Hungária Zrt.

E.ON Észak-dunántúli Áramhálózati Zrt. provides electricity to a large part of Western Hungary. Its supply area covers six counties, with over 900,000 customers living in 38 towns and 826 villages that comprise a region of 18,224 km2.

The company's main tasks include system operation, network development and maintenance, regional customer relations management, as well as tasks in regard to metering and monitoring consumption.